PSC Cylinder Assist Steering Kits are engineered to efficiently handle increased torque loads due to the installation of larger-than-stock tire sizes, upgraded aftermarket axles, and/or locking differentials.
PSC Cylinder Assist Steering Kits deliver improved handling characteristics without oversteer and a familiar level of road feel without increased driver effort, making it perfect for daily driven, on-the-road use.
2003-2006 Jeep TJ/LJ 4.0L with Dana 60 Axle
- SG400R Steering Gearbox Conversion replaces failure-prone OEM ZF component
- Increased Torque Output
- Relieves stress on steering gearbox and frame mounts
- Steering Assist Cylinder acts as a dynamic steering stabilizer
- Compatible with OEM serpentine belt
- SG400R Steering Gearbox
- PK1852 Power Steering Pump and Remote Reservoir Kit
- HK2000 High-Pressure Hose Assembly
- Steering Assist Cylinder Kit with Hardware
- Assist Cylinder Installation Hose Kit
- SWEPCO 715 Power Steering Fluid
Due to the increased overall size of the SG400R, some applications may require a 1" body lift to clear interference issues of the high pressure and return lines.
Some applications may require the modification of the factory steering shaft, shortening it by approximately two (2) inches.
PSC recommends SWEPCO 715 Power Steering Fluid in all PSC Steering Systems
Positive caster increases align torque, aka the force that straightens the steering wheel when you go forward, which improves straight-line stability of the car. Due to the geometry of positive caster, this will also increase negative camber gain when turning, which will enable a wider tire contact patch. The caster angle is a major contributor to directional control. An insufficient amount of positive caster angle will decrease driver effort at the steering wheel, but may make the vehicle too sensitive and twitchy, especially as speed increases. To achieve the best on-the-road driving experience with larger tire sizes, the recommended front axle caster setting is 6-7 degrees positive.
PSC RECOMMENDS THE USE OF A POWER STEERING FLUID COOLER TO PREVENT PUMP DAMAGE OR CATASTROPHIC FAILURE.